Intuition is a concept that can be interpreted in many different ways, and yet it plays such an enormous role in our lives. Steve Jobs stated that “intuition is more powerful than intellect.” Often thought of as a “gut” feeling or reaction, our intuition is like an internal compass.
Whether you’re aware of your intuition or not – whether you dismiss it or pay heed to it – our intuition is worth a deep dive into its study. First, it’s important for you to determine how you will define intuition. And the intriguing subject of intuition can be nebulous, much like the following list of definitions:
Dictionary: The ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning. A thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning.
Wikipedia: Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without proof, evidence, or conscious reasoning, or without understanding how the knowledge was acquired.
Plato: Intuition is a fundamental capacity of human reason to comprehend the true nature of reality.
Descartes: Intuition is a pre-existing knowledge gained through rational reasoning or discovering truth through contemplation.
Kant: Intuition is thought of as basic sensory information provided by the cognitive faculty of sensibility. Our mind casts all of our external intuitions in the form of space, and all of our internal intuitions (memory, thought) in the form of time.
Access to Intuition
When people become more intuitive, there are certain qualities they possess. First and foremost they have awareness of and connection to their intuition. How does one gain access to intuition?
In the Dial Meditation Method, humanity’s sense of intuition resides in their creative, cognitive “intuitive mind,” located between the higher mind and the concrete brain. The mind contains humanity’s “knowable things.” The brain is the instrument to create thought and language as the mind’s “knowable things” download into the brain.
The brain’s remarkable capacity to translate the concepts and thought forms downloaded from the mind is immeasurable. As the intuitive mind is cultivated, the qualities of the intuitive mind shape the thought forms created in the brain. Often intuition presents itself as an impulse, sensation, or feeling – creating momentum within the focused subject matter.
The art and science of meditation contained within the Dial Meditation Method begin the process of aligning the mental body: brain-intuition-mind.
In order to be intentional in refining our mental alignment, the following are steps in cultivating your intuition:
- Acknowledge the incredible strength and power in your intuition. By simply acknowledging it, you create a relationship with your intuition. Reflect upon this relationship every time you meditate.
- Trust the efficacy and validity of your intuition.
- Honor your intuition and begin writing down the details and impulses that your intuition is expressing.
- Practice “checking in” with your intuition when making decisions. This is the stage where we cultivate and foster intuition. As soon as you engage your brain in the analyses of pros and cons and choices, you have dropped into the concrete brain and stray from the intuitive mind.
House of Intuition
In the Dial Meditation Method, we cultivate a point of focus between the mind and the brain – we call it the House of Intuition. This House of Intuition is the focal point of the intuitive mind. It is the space in which intuition is expressed, and we can be accessed it through meditation.
Intuition cloaks thoughts, concepts, and ideas in its energy, increasing the wattage on their expression so to speak. This method of meditation is a process, and with much practice, provides you increased access to your intuitive voice.
The following are the steps to achieve mental alignment through The Dial Meditation Method:
- Focus on the brain. We visualize it as an infinite, electrical grid. This electrical grid is alive and sparking with consciousness and creativity.
- Visualize the mind as a massive raincloud. This is the “raincloud of knowable things,” our mind. It is full of concepts, solutions, ideas, dreams, and more. And, it is overflowing.
- We intentionally align the mind, the raincloud of knowable things, directly over the brain so that the raindrops begin to fall upon the brain. Multitudes of concepts sprinkle down on the brain grid, creating sparks of consciousness and creativity as the brain creates thoughts and language out of the nebulous conceptual matter.
- Next, we focus directly on the point between the mind and the brain; this is where the House of Intuition is located. First, we simply acknowledge. Then, we begin to experience the House of Intuition by engaging all our senses – visualizing what this house looks like, sensing what it feels like, smells like, and sounds like. We sense what the tactile experiences are.
- Lastly, we dwell in this magnificent House of Intuition. We consciously take residence there and become receptive and silent. We allow our intuitive voice to express. We then allow it to shape the raindrops falling from the mind; thus, we upgrade those mental constructs to intuitive matter that downloads into the brain.
Align to Intuition
This process of intentionally aligning your mental body and cultivating your intuitive voice takes practice. Standing receptive in your House of Intuition is the beginning, and with refinement, you will sense your intuition consistently.
When people are in touch with their intuition, common characteristics become evident:
- Mindfulness in everything they do
- Enhanced awareness
- Increased desire for growth and evolution
- Strengthened sense of purpose
- Calm and strong magnetic energy
- An enhanced sense of wisdom
- Creative flow
- Ability to connect deeply with people, nature, and life
- Inner peace
The Dial Meditation Method
Science has made many strides in proving that these theories help people retain and upgrade their brain’s health. Many brain hack techniques, like the techniques listed above, can help people improve their thought processes and so much more.
The Dial Meditation Method allows your brain to align with consciousness, colored by your intuition. The streamlined nature of creativity and refined mental alignment usher you into mindful living with purpose. When you allow your intuition to cultivate and express, the floodgates will open. The incredible abundance of creativity will impact every area of your life, enhancing your decision making, life trajectory, choices, lifestyle, impact, service, health, and relationships.