Do you live your life in fear?
Do you often fixate on “what-if’s” and worry in fear about them, even if they’re not real?
Does fear get in the way of you doing things you want to do?
You are not alone!
Let’s talk about fear:
- Fear can feel so real and legitimate. And at times, it is real. But we tend to go into unrelated fear during times of uncertainty and instability.
- Fear of the unknown can seem very real. It is so important to be able to differentiate if fear is real, or if we are experiencing a perceived fear in terms of “what-iffing.”
- What-ifs are one of the brain’s ways of trying to protect us from potential problems ahead. The brain is just doing its job of helping us navigate uncertain terrain.
- But if we’re not careful, what-ifs can take over and consume us, creating more worry and panic.
- While both of these scenarios can trigger real fear in us, when the fear is hypothetical, and more a fear of the unknown, there are ways we can help ourselves to process those feelings, neutralize fear and move into a more positive state. That is more empowering, right?!
So how does fear affect our body and mind?
- It’s helpful to know what is happening to us when fear descends upon us.
- Fear is experienced first in the mind, then it goes on to trigger strong reactions in our body and emotions. The brain goes to work and the amygdalia inside of the brain is activated.
- It sends a message to the nervous system, and stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline are released. Then, blood pressure and heart rate increase, and often rapid breathing.
- Even blood flow changes and moves away from the heart and goes out into the limbs, so that flight or fight instincts can kick in.
- But as some parts of the brain are activated, others begin to turn down, like decision making and logical reasoning.
- This can impair our ability to figure out if the fear we are experiencing is really happening, or if we are “what-iffing” about this fear and it is not even happening at the moment.
- If we tell the mind we have something to fear, it listens.
- So if we can try to better communicate internally, with our consciousness, brain and awareness, we may have a better chance of neutralizing fear that is not real. That way we can catch what-if fear before it downloads as real fear within us. Make sense?
- I help people learn how to meditate and access a state of love and gratitude, releasing fear.
- In this video you are going to learn how to cultivate and access this state of love and gratitude so that you don’t feel fearful when the fear you sense is not really happening in the current moment.
- I am also going to review the 4 stages of the fear-driven “what-if” process so that you can determine whether the fear is real or not, and then you will neutralize the perceived fear if it falls in the “what-if” category.
- Give me the term “what-if” below and I will send you the show notes from today’s video so that you will be able to work on practicing vetting out the “what-if’s” that may plague you.
- With consistency, you will be able to neutralize fear and access a state of love and gratitude.
If we’ve not met, I’m Jen Dial and I help busy people plug into their inner peace, align with their purpose and achieve their health goals with meditation on a daily basis.
We do this using my signature Golden Particles Meditation Technique, via private coaching, group masterminds and our Meditation Library full of recorded meditations that help you navigate the valleys and peaks in life.
In a few minutes, I will guide you in an easy-to-follow meditation to help you practice releasing fear and accessing more love and gratitude.
Before that, I will now share 4 stages of fear-driven what-ifs so that you can learn to neutralize and transmute what-if fears into useful energy.
Stage 1: AWARENESS
Awareness is the best place to start when we want to change something. Observe your brain’s what-if habits. In fact, jot it down every time you what-if and keep track of what you are telling yourself or others in these moments.
Stage 2: LISTEN & REMIND
In order to observe how your brain works while in the “what-if” phase, listen to what you are telling yourself. For instance, if you begin what-iffing when you are afraid of forgetting a speech you need to make before going on stage, what do you say to yourself? Remind yourself that these are only thoughts, and you are NOT your thoughts.
Stage 3: TRANSFORM
- Make something useful out of your “what-ifs” by turning them into “even-ifs.” Click into the observer again and say to yourself:
- “ok, a part of me is afraid I will stumble over my words and then freeze.”
- Then Transform that what-if fear into an even-if and say to yourself:
- “I know I’m scared, but I need to trust myself on this speech, and EVEN IF I stumble over my words it will be ok. I’ll pause and breathe and get through it.”
Stage 4: EMBRACE COMPASSION
- After you’ve done the first 3 stages, you might be wondering about the huge amount of things that we really can’t control, like natural disasters, political upheaval, civil unrest, etc. These are not things we can each control.
- We then need to accept the uncertainty of these situations and practice self compassion. Understand that you are not alone and we must all face these moments with courage, clarity and compassion.
- This acceptance state is about staying present in reality, having courage and clarity to make decisions you need to make, and compassion and patience with ourselves. It can get uncomfortable but we must remember that we will all do our best to help each other to get through uncertain times.
Remember to enter “what-if” below for the show notes that will encapsulate the 4 stages of fear and what-iffing so we can shift into a better state of being.
When you meditate consistently, you will practice releasing obstacles like fear, and choose to live in the present moment, in love and gratitude.
Join me now as we prepare for meditation.
(15-minute meditation to transmute fear and shift into love and gratitude.)
I’ll see you right here next Tuesday at 10:00am PDT, for another value-packed video about improving your life. Please mark your calendar and join us!
If you would like more information on my meditation masterminds, private programs and my Visions Living Library, please join the upcoming Masterclass, where I will share an exciting opportunity to work with our amazing group of light workers, just enter what-if below. We would love to invite you into our community.
I wish you more love in your life, as you release fear. Namaste.